VITA 2019 - Volunteer Sign Up
United Way of Collier County is in need of individuals to serve as VITA volunteers in Naples & Immokalee
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who, generally, earn under $66,000 per year, persons with disabilities, and limited English-speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
Learn to prepare taxes and make a difference in your community at the same time! How can you make a difference?
Simple. Volunteer to help your community by preparing taxes free of charge with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program.
Five Good Reasons Why You Should Consider Becoming a VITA Volunteer:
1. Flexible hours. Volunteers generally serve an average of three to five hours per week. The programs are usually open from mid-January through the tax filing deadline in April.
2. VITA sites are often nearby and need your help. Nearly 12,000 sites were set up in neighborhoods all over the country for this past filing season. They are often set up in community centers, libraries, schools, non-profit organizations, and similar places. Chances are good that you can volunteer at a site near you.
3. No prior experience needed. You’ll receive specialized training and can serve in a variety of roles. If you are fluent in another language, you may be able to help those who speak that language.
4. Free tax law training and materials. Learn how to prepare basic tax returns and learn about all the tax deductions and credits that benefit eligible taxpayers.
5. Continuing education credits for tax pros. Enrolled Agents and non-credentialed tax return preparers can earn credits when volunteering as a VITA instructor, quality reviewer or tax return preparer.
Click on the button below to express interest in volunteering with United Way of Collier County's VITA Program for 2019
2019 Tax Season - Volunteer Training Dates:
(Click link to register to attend)
1. December 15th from 9am-4pm: New Volunteer Orientation and Training
2. December 29th from 9am-4pm: New Volunteer Orientation and Training
3. January 11th from 9am-1pm: New and Returning Volunteers Advanced Scenario Training
4. January 17th from 9am-1pm: New and Returning Volunteers Advanced Scenario Training
5. January 18th from 9am-12pm: Certification Assistance
6. January 19th from 9am-2pmpm: New Volunteer Training @ Ave Maria University in Ave Maria
(The January 19th Classs will be held at Ave Maria University, located at 5050 Ave Maria Blvd., Academic Building Room 1011, Ave Maria, FL 34142)
Training Location: United Way of Collier County - 9015 Strada Stell Court, Suite 204, Naples, FL 34109
If you have questions or concerns about volunteering for the VITA Program during the 2019 filing season,
please contact Kelly Wild at (239) 261-7112 x206 or email@example.com